Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Day Before School Starts

 Yesterday was Colsen's last day of Summer vacation.  We started the day off with a trip to the Dr. for his 5 year old check up.  The visit was FANTASTIC!!  The Dr. was very pleased with his progress since being diagnosed with Celiac's disease a year ago.  That means Colsen has been gluten free for almost a year!  His body has done amazing with the gluten free diet!  He has grown almost 4 inches and gained 10 pounds in a year!!  He also feels 100 times better!!  The Doctor gave Colsen a clean bill of health and said he was ready to start Junior Kindergarten!!  After the Dr. visit Daddy headed off to work and Colsen, Caroline and I headed to the Y so I could get a workout in and they could play.  After the Y we headed home for lunch and Caroline went down for a nap and Colsen had one of his buddies, Mitchell come over to play.  I was able to get my chores done.   Around 5 o'clock it was time to time for dinner and bedtime.  My and Kyle's goal was to get both kids down no later than 7:30 on school nights and to do that I have to start with the routine at 5.  Colsen choose a gluten free pizza as his back to school meal.  After dinner we moved on to shower time and then it was off to bed and I was able to finish up the last of my chores before Kyle and I headed off to bed ourselves.  We knew Tuesday was going to be a very exciting day!!  
Back to School teacher treats.  Jars filled with their favorite candy!!
All packaged up and ready for the teachers.  Charlotte's Christian's colors are royal blue and white.
Colen playing with his buddy, Mitchell!
Close up
Snack Time!!
Back to School Dinner
Yummy Pizza!!
Playing with before bed!!  These two love each other so much!!
Ready for the First Day of School!!

No comments: